Manage TED Talk Downloads
This program simply takes a converted
metaTed metalink file and categorizes it so that it can be more easily sorted and searched.
It also keeps track of the talks that you've downloaded.
You are able to move the converted file around (to put it on a dropbox, shared folder etc.)
I've made this product for my own needs specifically so it is quite limited in terms of the files that you can convert. (I've only tried the
Download TED talks with English subtitles grouped by theme encoded in standard quality). As well as some other features that it definitely needs in the future such as:
- Manually add rule in firewall upon initial run.
- Support for converting (combining?) more types of metaLink files.
- Support for updating converted file with new entries while keeping download status.
- Enable downloading of subtitles.
- Add search function capability (Across categories).
- Play file upon clicking downloaded item.
- Automatically download all un-downloaded files.
Let's just say that it's a work in progress.
Anyways, so far it works for me and I like it, so if someone else can benefit, that would be awesome :)